1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect two basic types of information:
Also, if you choose to login to our site through a social networking site, you are granting us permission to access and use certain information about you as permitted by the social network. For example, if you use Facebook to login, it may provide us with access to whatever information you choose to include in your public profile, such as friends’ names, pictures, genders, user Ids, connections, and any other shared content.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Opting out: Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
2. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
(a) How We Use PII: We use your PII to interact with you on a personal level. For example, we use your name and email address to respond to your questions or comply with your requests (i.e., send you our newsletter or enter you into a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion), and to send you important information (such as changes to this policy or our Terms of Service) and to send promotional emails, some of which may contain product offers from third parties. You may opt-out of receiving non-account related emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of the email.
(b) How We Use General Information: We use the General Information we collect to obtain insights on how people use our Site. We use this information for various internal business purposes, and to ensure that our Site continues to appeal to our users.
3. HOW DO WE SHARE INFORMATION? We will share information with third parties in the following ways:
(a) We contract with other companies and individuals to perform functions or services on our behalf, such data storage and analysis, hosting the website, sending email messages, monitoring website activity, sweepstakes administration, and promotional assistance. We necessarily have to share your PII with such third parties as may be required to perform their functions.
Note that we may change or add other service providers at our discretion. We will only share as much of your information with these parties as may be required for them to perform their services.
(b) If requested or required by law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, we may disclose any information we have about our users. We also may disclose your PII to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims.
(c) In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these business transfers, customer information, including PII, is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. If all or substantially all of our business assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter into bankruptcy, customer information (including your PII), would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any assets may continue to be used according to your PII as set forth in this policy.
(d) We may reserve and have the right to disclose any information about you or your use of our site without your prior permission, if we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to: (i) protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company or its affiliates, other users of the site, or the public; or (ii) to enforce our Terms of Service.
4. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION? We use appropriate technical and organizational measures, including SSL encryption, to protect your personal information against unauthorized or unlawful access, processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. We also limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it to provide our Site, or in order to do their jobs. However, because no security system can be 100% effective, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any information we may have collected from or about you. In addition, we have no control over the security of other web sites on the Internet that you might visit even when a link may appear to those web sites site from our Site. If you share your computer or use a computer that is accessed by the general public, remember to log off and close your browser window when you have finished your session.
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP INFORMATION? We reserve the right to retain PII and General Information we collect from you for as long as we deem necessary to satisfy a business purpose. If you unsubscribe from our email list, we will delete your email address; however, unless you participated in a sweepstakes or other promotion, in which case we will maintain the record as required by law.
6. CAN I CONTROL HOW MY INFORMATION IS USED? You may opt-out of receiving non-account related emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link included with every email. We do not currently offer any additional options on the use of PII.
7. HOW WE USE TRACKING TECHNOLOGY. We employ certain technologies, such as Google Analytics, Heap Analytics, Hotjar, DoubleClick, and others provided by Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Etsy, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, AffiliateWindow, Apple, CommissionJunction, Fastly, Shareaholic, and others, that enable us and third parties to track your online activities on our website over time, and to a certain extent across third-party websites. We offer no response to browser Do-Not-Track requests, but you can prevent certain online tracking applications (such as Google Analytics) from recognizing you on return visits to this Site by disabling cookies on your browser.
8. CHILDREN UNDER 13. Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to subscribe for email newsletters or participate in our promotions. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that someone attempting to register on our Site is under 13, we will attempt to delete the information he or she provided as soon as possible.
Oscar F. Tolbert
2761 Roosevelt Street
Oakland, CA 94612